Recently, a lady called Luso Roofing for an emergency roof leak repair. She explained to us that her roof was leaking and her roof was newly installed 2 years ago! When we arrived at her home, we asked her who was the roofer that poorly installed her roof. She told us that the roofer told her that he quit his roofing business and is now studying to be a priest! Really!, the reality is that there are several roofers that promise 10-15 year warranties to catch the jobs and then eventually close their business and open up another roofing company two years later to avoid not living up to their guarantees or workmanship.
Here are 7 tips to help you avoid crooked roofing contractors:
- They ask for a substantial down payment
- Try your best to find a reputable roofing contractor by asking family, friends, and co-workers for a referral
- They refuse to give you a written quote upon request
- Ask if they have WSIB, Insurance and Working at Heights Training
- Ask for past client references
- Make sure you pay after the work is complete.
- Unbelievably low price that can be too good to be true