A poor roof structure poses a threat to the home and the people that live there. Today, we are going to identify 6 different signals that shine light on possible roof problems and roof defects.
- Leaking Roof: Leaking is the most common sign that your roof system is not in good shape. Usually happens during days of heavy rain.
- Staining on Walls and Ceilings: These may be caused by ice-damming or poor flashing installation in areas where two surfaces meet.
- Blistering and Peeling of Paint: This may be the result of poor attic ventilation, which causes moisture to be trapped in the attic.
- Decay of Roof Shingles: Decaying of shingles may be because of age or constant exposure to the diverse elements of the seasons.
- Discoloured Roof Shingles: This happens when there is a huge loss of granules, hence, majority of the time due to aging of the roof shingles.
- Missing, Cracked and/or Curling Shingles: These may be signs that your shingles are old. In addition, this may be the result of poor workmanship in some instances.
There are many signs that show how your roof system is not performing well. If you notice any of these signs, please call an experienced roofing contractor to fix these roof issues! Otherwise, it may lead to more damage of your home and may make things more expensive to fix in the future.